Another defining moment in the evolution of operating systems. Small footprint operating systems, such as those driving the handheld devices that the baby dinosaurs are using on the cover, is just one of the cutting-edge applications you’ll find in Silberschatz, Galvin, and Gagne’s Operating System Concepts 7th edition.
By staying current, waiting relevant, and adapting to emerging course needs, this market-leading text has continued to define the operating systems course. This Seventh Edition not only presents the latest and most relevant systems, it also digs deeper to uncover those fundamental concepts that have remained constant throughout the evolution of today’s operating systems. With this strong conceptual foundation in place, students can more easily understand the details related to specific systems.
You can also try – TwitPanePlus for Twitter 9.6.6 APK – Android App
- Increased coverage of user perspective in Chapter 1.
- Increased coverage of OS design throughout.
- A new chapter on real-time and embedded systems (Chapter 19).
- A new chapter on multimedia (Chapter 20).
- Additional coverage of security and protection.
- Additional coverage of distributed programming.
- New exercises at the end of each chapter.
- All new programming exercises and projects at the end of each chapter.
- New student-focused pedagogy and a new two-color design to enhance the learning process.