NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet – no root required.
Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.
Blocking access to the internet can help:
• reduce your data usage
• save your battery
• increase your privacy
• Simple to use
• No root required
• 100% open source
• No calling home
• No tracking or analytics
• No advertisements
• Actively developed and supported
• Android 5.1 and later supported
• IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
• Tethering supported
• Optionally allow when screen on
• Optionally block when roaming
• Optionally block system applications
• Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
• Optionally record network usage per application per address
• Material design theme with light and dark theme
• Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
• Allow/block individual addresses per application
• New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
• Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
• Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version
There is no other no-root firewall offering all these features.
If you like to test new features, you can participate in the test program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/eu.faircode.netguard
All required permissions are described here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-faq42
NetGuard uses the Android VPNService to route traffic to itself, so it can be filtered on-device instead of on a server. Only one app can use this service at the same time, which is a limitation of Android.
The full source code is available here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard